Technology Rediscovery Artist Residency Program
The Technology Rediscovery shop extends an invitation to Craig M. Darsow to participate in a week-long artist-in-residence program to develop a protoype of a ferro-magnet fluid interactive display!
The residency program invites an artistically-inclined person to retreat to the second floor of the technology rediscovery shop to create some kind of artistic project of interest to them with funding and technical support from Xan and any other folks at the invitation of the artist.
- $500 working fund for purchase of any needed materials or technical assistance related to the project
- Exclusive access to the living space and amenities on the second floor of the Technology Rediscovery shop
- Collaborative work sessions with people of the artist's choosing
- Dedicated space on the technologyrediscovery.net server for featuring any digital content or media related to the residency project
- A gathering at the conclusion of the residency to feature any work projects created during the work period
Craig M. Darsow Proposal specifics:
- Proposed project: Ferro-magnet fluid prototype display
- Technical Support Ideas: In addition to the $500 of seed funding for the project, Craig will have full access to the computing and electronic equipment at the Technology Rediscovery shop including Raspberry Pis, plenty of Arduino boards, and gobs of little motors and tracks and glass plates
- Ideal scheduling would be sometime during the summer of 2018, for approximately 1 week